Group Help Please

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Hi Gang I don't want to post things in the wrong area but as of yet I have not gotten any replies. Can you all look at the off topic section and check out this thread Battery Voltage Indicator please. Since we all ride I hope you would understand.

Sorry Mods if this does not belong here.

Pat

The location is fine. Send a pm to these members: canderson, a SuperMod who is our battery guru and rcacs, a Rider user who is always willing to help.

To the best of my knowledge, what you seek does not exist, as such. An LED will function with any voltage supplied, it will just be dimmer or brighter (up to a certain point of course). The LED's must be part of a functional PC board. These devices do exist, and available in fairly small sizes.

Here is a single LED, that changes colour depending on voltage, but it still uses a PC board (inline). Could be just what you are looking for.

http://www.dualsportplus.com/universal/electrical/LED_Voltage_Monitor.html

The Kuryakyn LED monitor is small, made for bikes and is a very popular choice.

Kuryakyn LED Battery Gauge - Street Bike - Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore

Here is yet another made for bikes:

LED Voltmeter - Sampson Long Distance Motorcycle Products

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wow the Dual sport one is the closest I have seen yet!!1 The 1/4 in hole is perfect .

I may have to settle on that one. My only hesitation is Iam looking for one that fires when power goes high as well as low. About 6 years ago my regulator failed HIGH I think it was around 25 to 30 vdc killed the lights & boiled the battery. Granted I was new to bikes and thought it was normal to keep adding water to my battery. So I never thought about putting a meter on the circuit till it left me stranded 5 miles from home. This last time the R/R failed low. left me 50 miles from home. (I have no Idea why any person would want to ride Pilon for that long it SUC**ED) But in a nut shell that is why I am looking for both sides of normal. Again Thanks for your Help.

Pat

To the best of my knowledge, what you seek does not exist, as such. An LED will function with any voltage supplied, it will just be dimmer or brighter (up to a certain point of course). The LED's must be part of a functional PC board. These devices do exist, and available in fairly small sizes.

Here is a single LED, that changes colour depending on voltage, but it still uses a PC board (inline). Could be just what you are looking for.

DualSport Plus - adventure, enduro, dual sport motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel - LED Motorcycle Battery Voltage Monitor

The Kuryakyn LED monitor is small, made for bikes and is a very popular choice.

Kuryakyn LED Battery Gauge - Street Bike - Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore

Here is yet another made for bikes:

LED Voltmeter - Sampson Long Distance Motorcycle Products

Cheers!

Dual Sport is a canadian store, in Hamilton. You can order it from Twisted Throttle in the States. I actually just ordered one for myself. Will let you know how it works out once recieved and installed.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ask a Question