Replacement suction mount option (possible groupbuy?)

TomTom Model(s)
TT1
Prior to buying the TT1, I used to own a Garmin GPSV. The Garmin only came with a sticky dash mount that really sucked, so I invested in a Ram Mount suction cup and custom cradle.

I have to admit, that I think the TT1 standard suction mount isnt that good. It's so small, that if i want to be able to reach it from my driving position, I have to place it right at the top of the windshield next to the rearview mirror. So I'd like to find an alternative.

I looked on Ram mounts, but they dont do a cradle for the TT1 (they do cradles for other TT's though if you are looking for one). I still have the suction mount, so all I need is a custom cradle to fit the TT1. I did discover the Proclip mounts, but I couldnt find a US dealer. So, I emailed proclipusa and asked if they had the mount in stock, or if it would be available soon. Within two days they replied to say that it is now listed on their website. However, the price is $70!! I thought this was a bit expensive just for a cradle. I did ask about a discount for quantity, and even though they didnt give me an exact discount, they did say there would be some sort of a discount.

So, I would like to find out if any of the TT1 owners here would be interested in getting the proclip cradle. If there are enough people interested, there could be a saving for all of us.

If you are interested, please vote in the poll. If I get a good response, I will contact proclip for more information.

Cheers

Last edited:
It's pretty expensive b/c it's the one with the builtin charger. Do you know if they will be offering the one without the charger? I think that will be significantly less expensive.

BritOnTour,
Check out the alternative mount kit from TomTom, although the web site does not mention that the TomTom One will fit there accessories book say it does.
I took a look at it at Frys Electronics and the clip for the One is there.
Regards Mr T

BritOnTour,
Check out the alternative mount kit from TomTom, although the web site does not mention that the TomTom One will fit there accessories book say it does.
I took a look at it at Frys Electronics and the clip for the One is there.
Regards Mr T

Do you have a link to the item on the TomTom website or Frys? I cannot find it myself and I dont live anywhere near a Frys store.

The reason I looked at the Proclip mount was because it has a plate with the AMPS hole pattern on it, which will fit directly onto my Ram Mount suction cup. See image attached. I would like to reuse the suction cup with the TT1 if possible.

Attachments

• RAPB166.jpg
    RAPB166.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 490
Alternative Mount for TomTom ONE New Edition

Hello,

Here is information for TT One users.

There is available on the market an alternative mounting possibility for navigation systems. The German company of ARAT GmbH manufactures a mounting system that consists of two (2) separate parts. Firstly a car specific base mount, depending on the make and model of vehicle, and then attached and secured to, is a system specific display mount.

The system from ARAT GmbH allows a secure and professional installation, with optimal display viewing, and a variable swivel base enabling the display to be placed into the required position and secured.

Please find enclosed a picture of an example of a TomTom One new edition mounted into a Mercedes-Benz W211 E-class car.

For any further information you may contact us at (e-mail address removed)

Attachments

• ns1600.3_fuer_TomTom_ONE_MB_E_Klasse.jpg
    ns1600.3_fuer_TomTom_ONE_MB_E_Klasse.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,361
We have the alternative Mount kit listed in the back of your accessories book that came with our TOMTOM 1. This product I beleive I found on QVC. Can't find the papers that came with it but it gives you a few different things so you can attache it to either your dash or window. It works great with the long neck and it will bend with ease.:)

I also bought the Go alternate mount...great suction + flexible 10" snake neck, for $29US at Best Buy. They also carried the same thing for One.

I'm super happy with it. The suction is strong...it has a clamp-down/release lever that works well. The neck brings the TT closer to the driverseat, and it gets it out of direct sunlight...

Last edited:
I also bought the Go alternate mount...great suction + flexible 10" snake neck, for $29US at Best Buy. They also carried the same thing for One.

I'm super happy with it. The suction is strong...it has a clamp-down/release lever that works well. The neck brings the TT closer to the driverseat, and it gets it out of direct sunlight...

Does your mount look like this?

TTO120-2T.jpg

The description of this one above says the snake is 8" long. It can be purchased at MountGuys.com for $14.88 here in the U.S.

http://www.mountguys.com/TomTom_One_Mount_p/tto120.htm

Ask a Question