go live 750 - will not boot

lps

TomTom Model(s)
go 750 live
Hi , having problems with my Go live 750 . Will not boot , goes to splash screen and then seems to be stuck in a loop , cannot tun off . Tried a soft reset but no luck , any one have any ideas please .
Frustrated:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you cable to connect successfully to your computer and fire up Home? If so, do this, and while you are there, use "Operate My GO" to add or delete a favorite just as though you were doing it from the face of the device. Properly disconnect your 750, shut it down, and power it up again. Does that stop the reboot loop?

Use Explorer and look at the contents of the specific map folder on your unit. Delete a file called mapsettings.cfg. Reset the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless that model has a dedicated reset hole.

Any better?

@dhn
Hmm.... a loop of a sort we haven't seen before, or are we missing something in the OP's description?

If it goes to the splash screen, won't turn off, then what looping IS taking place?

I've seen units fixed using your method (emulator), completely removing the mapsettings.cfg file and the next suggestion:

To Ips......

Connect to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home, backup. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

Then format the unit. Don't use quickformat. Restore the backup.

Report back........

@dhn
Pretty radical, but I agree. Not the sort we usually encounter.

@lps
Be sure to use a FAT32 format.

Hi , thanks very much for info , formatted machine and did a restore from an earlier backup. Then connected via Tom tom home and machine updated and is fully working again . Without your help would have been stuck , much appreciated .

Les:thumb:

Good to hear. Now, make ANOTHER Explorer backup (to a different folder than the previous one).

As you can see, the backup can be considered a 'safety net' in many problematic situations! :)

Hi ,
Will do . you do not realise how important backups are , till something goes wrong .:) Very relieved

Ask a Question