750 Go Live Stuck in Reboot Loop

Hello, I am hoping that you can help me with my TomTom 750 Go Live, which is stuck in a reboot loop. It will come up to the splash screen and then reboot.

Here is what caused the issue and what I have done so far to resolve the issue. The unit was working fine, when I was notified that a map update existed for it so I made a Windows backup of the device. I updated it, and that is when the endless reboot cycle began. To resolve the issue I did the following:
1. Reset the unit by holding down the power button until the drums sounded.
2. Attached the unit to the computer and used TomTom home to create a new favorite. (Don't know why, but this has resolved similar issues in the past.
3. Made a new Windows backup with the current map and restored the old backup to the device.
4. Searched the forums, found a similar issue, and followed the steps that repaired that unit.
a) Deleted the mapsettings.cfg file.
b) Reset the unit.
c) Formatted the device.
d) Copied the original backup I made with the old map files on to the device.

None of the above steps have resolved the issue. If any one has any other ideas, I am all ears. Thanks.

I just tried reinstalling the firmware. While the installation was successful, the patient is still dead.

If the problem reoccurs when you do, then you need to remove them again.

If you have them for more than 1 country, you make want to add them 1 at a time to find out what is the corrupt file.

dhn, thanks for the help. The unit is working now. If I reconnect the unit to TomTom home, will it download a new copy of the safety camera files, since I have a paid subscription for all of Western Europe. I know I could try it, but if it doesn't work I am hoping you will see this and have some more wizardry to try.

If you have a valid subscription, then it should offer the new versions. Try it and report back?

:rant:
Hello, I am hoping that you can help me with my TomTom 750 Go Live, which is stuck in a reboot loop. It will come up to the splash screen and then reboot.

Here is what caused the issue and what I have done so far to resolve the issue. The unit was working fine, when I was notified that a map update existed for it so I made a Windows backup of the device. I updated it, and that is when the endless reboot cycle began. To resolve the issue I did the following:
1. Reset the unit by holding down the power button until the drums sounded.
2. Attached the unit to the computer and used TomTom home to create a new favorite. (Don't know why, but this has resolved similar issues in the past.
3. Made a new Windows backup with the current map and restored the old backup to the device.
4. Searched the forums, found a similar issue, and followed the steps that repaired that unit.
a) Deleted the mapsettings.cfg file.
b) Reset the unit.
c) Formatted the device.
d) Copied the original backup I made with the old map files on to the device.

None of the above steps have resolved the issue. If any one has any other ideas, I am all ears. Thanks.

Hi i've got the TT live xl iq and have the same problem, i've done all of the above, removed speed cameras, deleted all my favourites, and still it just loops at bootup, it's driving me mad, i live in a 3rd floor flat and it may well meet its demise,lol.
Any ideas anybody?

tried it, all that happens is when the unit is supposed to restart, the screen just continually scrolls

I know that you said that you had done "all of the above", but please double check that you have held down the power button until the "drum-beat" reboot occurs and then immediately released the button. (This will take approximately 20 seconds.)

This is one of the easiest, and also one of the most effective, techniques for dealing with problems like this. No guarantees, but worth trying again just in case.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

AndyP and DHN, sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but things have become busy and I did not have time to work with the GPS again until this weekend. Trying to update the unit did restore the traffic cameras eventually. The first two times I tried, there were no updates updates available. The unit seems to be working again now. Thank you for all of your help.

Ask a Question