GO 930 not detecting SD Card

TomTom Model(s)
930 Go
Hi

I have a GO 930 with the latest software update as of Feb. 27/2012. Now it does not see the SD card with MP3 songs. The GO 930 has always been able to detect SD cards and play the music on them prior to software update.
I have done a reset of the device but this made no difference.

Is anyone else encountering this problem.

Thank You

How about restoring to factory defaults? You'll lose all your custom settings but it may help.

Also, is the card a sd card or a sdhc card?

Hi dhn
It is an SDHC card and yes, I reset to factory default but this did not correct the situation. Never had a problem playing mp3s on an SDHC card prior to the upgrade to 2.8 yesterday.

dhn

I have a feeling that TomTom is not too concerned about the older GPS units that used the SDHC cards. I see that all new units do not off that feature so maybe they are phasing out support on that particular aspect of the GO930.

Well, I have a 720 here, basically the same architecture as your model. I have my maps on the sdhc card and the latest build. The unit sees the map just fine.

Can you try a different sdhc card by any chance?

----------------------------

I just put some mp3 files in a FOLDER on my sdhc card called mp3 and Juke box found the files just fine and starting playing one I chose.........

So, I don't think that build 9.401 is the issue with you.

I also have both a 720 and 740 here with uSD cards and both continue to operate properly after the 9.400 and 9.401 updates. Good thing - my maps are on the cards!

As for new units, about 50% of them have uSD card slots. The TomTom web site is not accurate in its identification of all of them.

Hi All

Thanks very much for the feedback. I got hold of my buddy and his GO930 has the latest 2.8 software the unit sees the SDHC and plays mps.
Think I will delete my TomTom directory in Winxp and reinstall from original CD. Maybe that will fix the problem. Will that install onto Win7?

Cheers

There seems to be some confusion here. Your buddy's 2.8 software is on his PC, not his 930. He's talking about TomTom Home. You can update that easily enough on your own PC (in fact it will ask you when it finds a new version), but it should have no effect on whether your unit plays tunes.

Are you sure your tunes are in a folder called 'mp3' (lower case) on your 930?

Hi Canderson

Yes. You are correct.
Well, I loaded the original software from the cd onto
winxp. Did not update software to current 2.8 from 2.2.
Took a 4 gig sdhc card and dumped some mp3s to it and
presto-all seems to be working fine now.
Don't know quite what I did to fix it but now it works.
Thanks to all for the advice.
cheers

If you're still around, there still seems to be a bit of confusion between the software (called "Navcore") that you have on the TomTom itself (currently at v9.xxx, or you may still be on v8.xxx) and the software utility for your PC (called TomTom "Home") which is on v2.xxx.

Neither *should* make any difference to adding mp3s, but did you realise you don't need to use Home at all to add mp3s to your TomTom or it's SD card?

Just connect the Go to the PC and it will be visible as two new disk drives (one will be the internal memory and the other will be the card).
Just drag your mp3 files into the folder called "mp3" on either one using Windows Explorer.

Hi Andy_P

Yes, your are right. I have created sdhc disks in the past with mp3s on them using other other methods. For what ever reason, my go930 stopped recognizing them and that happened right after i ran their latest upgrade to 2.8.
All is fine now so i'll close out this post.
Thanks to all for the help

Cheers

Ask a Question