Go 730 not reading SD card

I have the Tom Tom 730, and a 2G SD card. I have used Tom Tom Home to load about 400 songs on the SD card. I then disconnect the unit. When on the unit I go to listen to the music, it begins to load the SD music, gets to about 10% complete, and then jumps to 100% complete. It is only showing 44 of the 400 songs on the SD card. Has anyone experienced this and found a fix?

Are you sure that all the tracks are indeed mp3 format as these are the only type of music file the device will be able to read/ use, if they have been copied from your PC to the device they could be in various formats so its worth checking the file type by looking at the SD card using Windows Explorer - Mike

also make sure they are in a folder called "mp3"...also look for other files that aren't mp3 and remove them from that folder. Sometimes additional files (like album art) can cause issues.

Ask a Question