• Any others with this experience?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What was your solution?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
My device started to loop at initialization. It will start with the traditional TOMTOM and go to the initialization page. The brightness level changes as always. No other display appears and the unit shuts down, then recycles to on and the same sequence starts over. Does NOT recognize the OFF button. Connect to pc via dock and await the recycle and unit works fine on TOMTOM HOME including shut down.
After many hours on the telephone with support, TOMTOM disk was reformated, reloaded, reinitialized, etc.
Now the unit only goes to TOMTOM start up and begins to cycle.
This was gift from my children and fotunately they saved the receipt. After 7 monthof use, I mailed the unit for service. Talking to repair (John) they said that the units are NOT really repaired but will be replaced if under warranty. Out of warranty, you have junk or an expensive papar weight.
Anybody know of independent repairs for TOMTOM?????( for future use)

Connect your unit to the computer and start Home. Use the emulator (Operate my unit). Manage Favorites. If you have some, delete just one. Close the emulator and disconnect PROPERLY from the computer (Home's Device--Disconnect).

If you don't have a favorite, Add a favorite (current location, for example), then do the rest in the first paragraph.

Any better?

Thanks dhn. Unfortunately the unit has been shipped for repair (see above). With all the resets ,reloads, reformat of disk, ad nauseum, your suggestion was not one of them. However, in all of my attempts, I always shut down properly using TOMTOM HOME.
Of greater concern was "If it breaks, throw it out".

Ask a Question