Go 730 Freezing and Rebooting HELP!!

I have a Go 730 that is updated to North America 855.2884. when I try to plan a route to the following address it freezes and reboots:

zip code- 78201

Street- IH 10 EB 87SB | I 10 Eb/ US 87 Sb
Street number- 6243
when I try to select ( IH 10 EB 87SB | I 10 Eb/ US 87 Sb)
it freezes,and reboots, Can someone else please try to plan a route to the same address and see if yours does the same?

I have already tried to remove the map/and the application and re-install both, also tried on a new computer,and even tried a reformat of the device, still the same. However i would say all other locations work just fine. I can even plan a route a couple of blocks away from the final destination and it has no issue. any help is greatly appreciated!

I have a Go 730 that is updated to North America 855.2884. when I try to plan a route to the following address it freezes and reboots:

zip code- 78201

Street- IH 10 EB 87SB | I 10 Eb/ US 87 Sb
Street number- 6243
when I try to select ( IH 10 EB 87SB | I 10 Eb/ US 87 Sb)
it freezes,and reboots,
Same thing with my 720 (same hardware, same map).

Q: Do you still have a copy of Map 850 around anywhere? A previous backup? An update? If so, it would be interesting to see if 850 had the same problem or not.

Interesting, I'm wondering how many people are having the same issue,and how many locations this happens with when planning a route. Gonna let this post ride through the weekend and get in touch with Tomtom support again too.

Thanks for your reply!:D

No I do not have a back up of any previous maps, sorry.

Last edited:
No I do not have a back up of any previous maps, sorry.
It's possible that you do, but are not aware of it. If you have been getting map updates prior to map 855, those updates will still be lurking on your PC. How many folders do you find inside the "map" folder found here?

C:\Documents and Settings\yourloginname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map

I could only hope, my computer has been reformatted since original purchase, I'm certain the only map update I have is the latest. Still need a few more people to test the address I provided to verify this is an issue with TomTom maps please.

Last edited:
That's a known bug in app 8.x

That particular interstate doesn't have street numbers on the Tomtom maps.

So Tomtom instead tries to find all the cross streets for you to choose a particular intersection. And since the road is a large highway with tons of cross streets, it crashes due to this bug.

The bug is fixed in app 9.x and later, but I'm not sure if that app will ever arrive on a GO 730.

An address on an interstate seems a little silly to begin with -- apart, perhaps, from the odd commercial pull-off rest stop that has no local access. Anyway, mystery solved...

The problem in this particular case is that the TomTom map doesn't HAVE an "I-10 Frontage Rd" as one of the street options out there, so a user will very likely select "IH 10 EB 87SB" by mistake. "I-10 Frontage Rd" IS the correct name for the street that the OP is trying to hit.

What TomTom does use (don't ask me why) for this road is "Ih10" for the frontage road. In letters that aren't obscured by the font here, that's Ih10. I think the OP will find that if he asks for 78201, Ih10, and 6243, he'll get where he wants to go.

Last edited:

Ask a Question