GO 730 finding a street without a city name?

I live in a small Florida town, surrounded by small towns that "bleed" into one another. This morning while trying to plan a garage sale itinerary I came across a street I couldn't find in the town it was advertised in. Turns out, it was in a nearby town. How could I have found the street without knowing exactly which town it was in...is there a way to find streets "in the vicinity of" a certain town?

A pain, isn't it? Some maps aren't (as yet) up to date with 'merging' streets and, as a consequence, sometimes it is a bit of trial and error to get the proper city.

If you have the lat/long coordinates of a location, that'll work but of course that's not always an option.

MyTown

How could I have found the street without knowing exactly which town it was in...is there a way to find streets "in the vicinity of" a certain town?

I'm still new to this and exploring my 125se, I do not have intenery but I live in a township of Austintown which is a part of The City of Youngstown. My zipcode is common to both Y-town or A-town. I noticed that I can search for streets in the subburb of Austintown and I could also find it if I did a search in Youngstown. Follow so far?
I could not, however, find a street in Youngstown, if I was looking in Austintown. Yeah!!!, All is good...

I propose a map correction to solve your problem.>
correct a map error> report other error>city> alternative city name> by name

Call your new city name something that makes sence to you (tricounty, mytown, etc.)
include all the areas around you and you should be able to search for any streat in your new "mytown" so long as you make the alt name the same

Anybody want to try this? This would be great for people who lived on state border towns.
I hope to here some feedback if this works...

Anybody want to try this? This would be great for people who lived on state border towns.

All edits in the "report other error" category are not realtime edits. They serve similar to an email to Teleatlas to have them research your report for inclusion in a future map update.

So nothing will happen on your device.

Ask a Question