GO 630 Computer will not find it.

Hope someone can help. My computer has Windows 7 pro and up until now everything has been working fine. Last week I did a successful map update and all seemed fine. So today I wanted to get the latest updates in preparation for a trip and now my computer does not find the 630 on the usb port. I did all the normal rebooting of the computer. I have not reset the 630 since I was not sure what that would do. If I try that will I loose my data like phone numbers and locations?

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Reid

Do the pin reset on the 630. The only information you will lose is the correct time which you can reset. No ther data will be lost.

A reset does not lose ANY of your personal data or settings, so you can try that without worrying.

(You might be thinking of a "return to factory settings" which is in the preferences menu. That does lose some of your settings (but not all of them, strangely enough)).

If that doesn't help, there may be something else to try in the various sections/links on this page, such as re-enabling your device in Device Manager.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever lost the time either after a reset. Is the 630 different?

Last edited:
Andy, if you do a reset and don't have a gps fix, time defaults to 12:00 am. At least it does on my 720.

Not on my Go940... I checked before posting.

Nor on an XL IQ Routes.

So maybe it changed between Navcore 8 and 9?

My son has taken his Go520 to college, I'll see if I can coax my old Go720 into life to check that.

But we digress.... None of this should worry Reid unduly! :eek:

I understand all that. It's just clarification when folks ask if any data is lost doing a pin reset.

Sometimes, it takes a couple of minutes for the gps signal to be captured and, during that time, the clock does revert to default.

Ask a Question