630 not recognized by computer

Do you suppose TomToms know when you get them so they know when to stop working after a year? I bought a Go630 last March. Now all of a sudden it is giving the USB device not recognized message. I have tried all of TomTom's suggestions (fully charged and reset) to no avail. Yes, I tried diff USB ports and cables -- even another computer and the same problem. TomTom said that the unit must be defective, but alas, you are out of warranty.

This is my second TomTom. I went with it over the Garmin because I liked the IQ routes. Now I guess I will go get a Garmin -- and at least that way I can enter a destination without having to know the city -- another irritation that TomTom refuses to address.

I renamed the thread title. Your previous one would not have been too useful for others to help.

When you say reset, do you mean a pin reset? If not, try that. And yes, another cable and a usb port on the back of the computer should be tried as well.

Also, try connecting the unit to the computer while off and THEN power it on. See if that helps.

Also, have you tried everything here:
Connect my device problems.

You'd be most interested in the third section "Device not recognised by computer".

TT may have got you to do all this already, but you didn't mention Device Manager at all.....

Ask a Question