Go 6000

Quite swish-looking, totally new user-interface that you will either love or hate. Very fast to calculate or re-calculate routes, but VERY basic functionality so far and MANY missing features.

6000? We haven't even seen the 600 on this side of the Atlantic yet!

Our European mods can probably comment further, but if I understand correctly, the 6000 is a 600 with the integrated cellular hardware for Live services. The 600 requires the user to tether using a cell phone to collect the data. Apart from that, any commentary you see on the 600 should apply equally to the 6000. What I'm personally hoping to see is that both the 600 and 6000 have the same screen as the Start60 / Via1605 model which is much higher res than the 5" models. However, I'd bet the touch screen will wind up being capacitive instead of the surprisingly transparent resistive screen they used on the Start60 / Via1605. It's clear that some day I'm going to have to adjust to the idea that poking at these screens with the back side of a pen or whatever is going to be a non-starter.

Ask a Question