GO 550 LIVE - No device connected

TomTom Model(s)
LIVE 1005
I got my very first TOM TOM ( GO 550 LIVE) for Christmas and I am having problems connecting to my VAIO Laptop using Windows 7 (64 bit).

Connecting the TT, I get asked whether to link to the computer & I say yes, but then nothing. It does not auto open HOME2. (Manually openining HOME 2 shows "No device connected", although it is linked and charging).

If however if I insert a blank SD card, it DOES auto open HOME 2, but it still shows no device connected. On the computer the blank SD card can now be seen as a drive, but not the main TT drive which presumably contains the data & maps etc.

Any ideas ?

JayW

PS linking the TT to another VISTA 32bit laptop works perfectly, so I wondered if there was a device problem appertaining to windows 7 (64 bit)

Some with the 64 bit have no problems, others do.

Can you run the application in XP compatible mode? Also, try a rest on the unit (hold the power button for about 10 seconds or so).

Thanks for the speedy response.

I have "reset" the unit (10 to 15 secs) on a few occasions without any difference. I had not tried it in compatibility mode until your reply, but regretfully this too failed to make any difference, even with a further reset.

Ask a Question