GO 520 backup interupted now nothing on the device HELP please!

my device was misbehaving a lot and wouldnt update properly so i decided to restore it to last backup

during this process sophos interupted it and now it wont restore and there is no map on the device at all

very worrying indeed can anyone offer some advce please?

Was the backup made by Home or using Explorer?
Does the unit still start and get to a 'no map found' error?

Report back.

Okay.

Well, in Home's menu, Tools-->Preferences-->General, location of files, will be the folder location of backups from the computer. Probably something like:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\backups\from device\

Anyway, use Explorer to go to the folder location specified in Home to where the backup resides. Use Explorer to copy the complete map folder from the location on the computer to the root of your unit.

Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents

Connect to Home and you should be offered an application. Download and install. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

(and, you DID copy the specific map folder from the backup to the unit, right?)

And, have to make sure ....... the map IS one obtained from TomTom, correct?

deleted the files and when connected to Home it gave the option for voices and speed cameras
no application though
and referring back didnt copy the specific map folder, missed that bit, doesnt sound good :(

lateral thinking time

went to add maps and it gave me the UK Ireland option at no cost so downloaded it and it looks like the map is back!

many many thanks for your help and patience

You are welcome.

Now, make an Explorer, NOT Home backup of your unit's contents.

copied the unit's files via explorer to backu and out of curiosity tried to backup via Home
it keeps interupting as there is a rogue file in there called Blitzer_DE_TomTomOv2.ver
very annoyingly it keeps re-appearing if i delete it from the unit

copied the unit's files via explorer to backu and out of curiosity tried to backup via Home
it keeps interupting as there is a rogue file in there called Blitzer_DE_TomTomOv2.ver
very annoyingly it keeps re-appearing if i delete it from the unit
That looks to me like a 3rd party file from 'Torrents'. Did you happen to download some speed camera files from them?

Ask a Question