Go 510 Unable to Plot Long Routes

TomTom Model(s)
510, and 720
I purchased a refurb 510 off of Woot, already swapped at the SD card because the system was unstable at best with the TomTom card that shipped with the unit...

However, I've now discovered that the unit won't plot any long distance routes. For example I can have it plot the route to the airport approx 2 hours away, but when I try to plot a route to a city 5 hours away the unit just errors out while calculating route. It doesn't matter if I'm moving or not when plotting the route - the error occurs either way.

Hey there, I also purchased refurb 510 off of Woot, and had the same problems. Someone on Woot had made a post that when he talked to TomTom they said this was a problem for about half of the units sold by Woot.

Either way, I simply emailed TomTom, told them the problem, and after I told them that their suggestions didn't help they sent me an RMA. I mailed it back and got what I'd guess is a brand new TomTom in a couple weeks. Longer wait, but still worth it for the price.

Ask a Question