Getting a version working on a Dell Axim

I bought a Dell Axim (X5 I believe) whih came complete with Tomtom V3 and a TomTom serial GPS arlial. It worked OK apart from the cable to the cradle was flaky and I had to re make it

HOWEVER, I upgraded to TomTom V5 and could not make it work on my Axim and ended up reloading the Axim with a backup image to go back to V3.
I have since been made redundant so do not have aces to the Axim backup image and TomTom (after a lengthy and costly call to their support team) say because I upgraded they cannot give me the activation code for my V3 software.
Has anyone managed to get V5 working on a Dell Axim or know how I can get a V3 activation code back, at present I have no GPS running

Thanks in advance
Hebridian

Firstly, I thought Dell decided to end-of-life their Axim PDA couple of years back already, if my memory still serves me well, Axim X5 was their last and at that time, WM5 (Windows Mobile 5) just released, replacing the previous OS, I don't even remember the name.
Anyway, do you upgrade your Axim to the latest OS??? WM6 maybe?
I was thinking TT V5 probably not compatible with your current Axim OS.

Secondly, it has been so long time when I was using an Axim with GlobalSat CF GPS receiver along with Mapopolis maps.

Ask a Question