Frustrated with 510 and my Razr v3, no data connection

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
Frustrated with 510 and my Razr v3, no data connection, GOT CONNECTION!!

I just got the 510, and I cannot get a data connection. I upgraded my Cingular account to include unlimited data, the phone connects for phone calls but when I try to setup the data transfer it fails at 65% every single time. I've tried the flash, and no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

After reading the bberry 8100 thread, I found that using Cingular Wireless (media works) as the connection was the missing piece. I was just using Cingular. This helped me! Thanks!!!!:D

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it working
could you list the steps you did so other users may follow?

Not a problem at all.
I could connect with my bluetooth and the phone for calls, but no data connection, I tried to establish a data connection and it would fail every time at 65%.
I was choosing United States as the location
Cingular as the provider
It went out and tried to establish the connection, but failed everytime, not getting past 65% (sorry to be redundant)
I checked with TomTom, and found out that I needed to have unlimited data access, and I was pay per use. I changed that, and still no luck.
I read another post regarding a blackberry with Cingular using Cingular (media works) as the provider.
Tried that and the connection was established. I am going to call Cingular today to check to see if I need to use that data connection (it's 40bux a month).
Hope this helps someone else with the same issue. Oh, and I live in the Boston Metro area if that helps as well.

Got the traffic working, changed my Cingular subscription down to 5MB per month (I dont use the phone for any other data use), and I am happily driving with the assistance of TomTom Traffic. BUT, I decided to ignore the warnings yesterday on my route home and I am really puzzled as to where TomTom gets their data or how current it is. It was off by 100%. Everywhere it said there was a backup, there wasn't, I was doing 55mph easy, and in places where it didn't mention a backup, there was (down to 10mph).
So how accurate is this traffic info, I went on a wild goose chase the other day avoiding traffic, adding a good 45mins to my commute. The roads in MA stink, they're all winding horse trails once you get off main highways and are 2 lanes (at best).
You get stuck behind a school bus or a slow driver and you're SOL. I don't know if I'll be subscribing to traffic much longer if it's this innacurate.

Ask a Question