FM Transmitter Mount

I have the fm transmitter mount up and working. It is nice.
I had to download the latest version of 910 to get it to work.

The remote control works great too.

The only problem is finding an empty fm station!

I made my first 910 drive today and it was amazing. It even calls out street names and has exit numbers.

I love it!

Very cool! Where are you? In the US, right? I didn't know it was shipping yet, but I don't have a 910 either. :)

I'm in the US and ordered it directly from tomtom. I got it in a few days.

I tried Amazon but they listed a delivery time in May.

Cool, thanks. I'm considering picking up another 910 and this is helpful. I REALLY wish we'd hear more on the ONE XL. :)

Thanks for the link. I have a FM Transmitter I rarely use. I might go back to using it, especially now that you can have your phone calls through the car speakers too. :D

FM Transmitter Mount Disappointment

Hi Folks,

I received my FM Transmitter mount from TomTom website today.
Basically it's performance is not acceptable for me.
First I found it extremely difficult to find an empty FM channel.
I wish I had checked the link suggested by priusweok.
When I put in my zip 90278, CA, I found out why it doesn't work well!
I did manage to find almost empty channels but, the sound quality still isn't acceptable.
I do wonder whether the transmit power of the FM Mount is really high enough.
It's almost acceptable when I put my GO910 on the car roof, but really useless inside the car.
Needless to say, I'll be sending it back.
I hope others have better luck.

I was really looking forward to enjoying this new gadget.

I agree with you. I've used a FM transmitter and wasn't pleased with the results.
My new car has an audio aux outlet. I use that and my Ipod, directions & phone calls sound great through my car speakers.

FM Transmitter at Frys

Frys has the FM transmitter in stock. It does not come with the power cord.

Howie

Oh my. I bought the FM Transmitter from TomTom... and the transmission is horrible! Even on clear stations, there is a lot of noisy interference.

The Garmin Nuvi, on the other hand, has great transmission and clarity.

What are you doing TomTom??

I noticed when I have my car charger plugged in, I hear more humming noise. When I unplugg it its all gone.

I don't the FM transmitter Mount, but I use my audio aux.

Oh my. I bought the FM Transmitter from TomTom... and the transmission is horrible! Even on clear stations, there is a lot of noisy interference.

The Garmin Nuvi, on the other hand, has great transmission and clarity.

What are you doing TomTom??

Mine works great even in San Diego where there are only 2 unoccupied FM channels. I do have it mounted very close to the radio.

Great price

I bought one from CompUSA for $20 with a car charger

Wow, was that online? I looked and didn't see it at all.

I am new to these forums and a new TTGO910 owner I just love it!. I am considering the FM transmitter, but looking to get some more opinions reagarding the clarity of the signal. Don't think I would use it for the music features, just the phone and instructions over the speakers. However, if it's clear who knows. Unfortunately, my car does not have the audio out. I can get a $100 adapter, so the FM transmitter would be half the cost. Any information would be apprecated.

Don't think I would use it for the music features, just the phone and instructions over the speakers. ..... I can get a $100 adapter, so the FM transmitter would be half the cost.

Even though I think the quality is poor for music, it's quite acceptable for phone calls and navigation instructions. If I could get an audio-in kit for my car stereo for $100, I'd buy that rather than the TomTom FM Mount.

Remember that you can't listen to CDs or other radio stations if you're tuned into the channel that your TomTom is transmitting on for call and navi instructions.

Even though I think the quality is poor for music, it's quite acceptable for phone calls and navigation instructions. If I could get an audio-in kit for my car stereo for $100, I'd buy that rather than the TomTom FM Mount.

Remember that you can't listen to CDs or other radio stations if you're tuned into the channel that your TomTom is transmitting on for call and navi instructions.
Hadn't thought of that, thanks for pointing it out. I think it would be the same for the audiolink cable I was talking about. It is for the ipod, so unless I was listening to that all the time, wouldn't do much good there either. Maybe it would be better to wait on more accessories and TomTom will come up with a direct connect to the car headunit.

Ask a Question