FM Transmitter for you x10 Car Mount

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
In Las Vegas, Nevada TomTom is attending the 40th annual International CES.
They presented an FM Transmitter for the car mount on the GO x10 models.

This article comes from YourNav that I would like to share.

Thanks for sharing. That looks very interesting. I want to see a pic of the new leather carrying cases! :)

I REALLY hope they do not scrap the Car Connect Kit as I REALLY want one!

Bryan

Interesting to see this. Would be one less cable to deal with, but it pretty much requires having the iPod cable (or using internal MP3s on a 910) to be useful.

I'm curious to see whether the power can come from the internal battery (like a Griffin iTrip) or whether the mount has to be plugged into the car charger.

Great question comaplate, but I assume it will run on the unit's power source.

I agree Bryan. I think this is TT's shortcut for CarConnect. I don't get that great of reception with my Belkin Tunecast II. In fact, it's so much of a hassle, I don't use it anymore.

A little thread necromancy here.

Is anyone using the FM tx mount? How does it perform? Is it limited to just a couple stations or anything in the FM band that your radio can tune? Is it strong enough to come in clearly?

A little thread necromancy here.

Is anyone using the FM tx mount? How does it perform? Is it limited to just a couple stations or anything in the FM band that your radio can tune? Is it strong enough to come in clearly?

It can tune to anything in the normal FM band. It works great. The only downside (and I don't blame TomTom for this, since it's kind of unavoidable) is that you can't listen to the radio while using it, just MP3s.

Ask a Question