FM Transmitter Mount droops with 910

TomTom Model(s)
910, ONE, Nav 5 on a T3
I purchased a new FM Transmitter mount for my 910 about a month ago. Since new, it has gradually weakened, allowing my 910 to droop significantly.

I was aware of previous problems with the 910 mounts, but I thought that had been fixed. I figured the "new" mounts with FM would be fine.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure if there is anyway to get a replacement & I'm not even sure where to get one that works. Suggestions?

2 clicks

Make sure you turn the mount to the SECOND click. First click adheres to window then allows you to adjust angle. Second click locks in position. I did not realize this either until I found this website!

If your original mount works well or if you have another mount, try to replace the electric part of the mount with the suction part of the one that works.
Similar to the first part of this thread

Make sure you turn the mount to the SECOND click. First click adheres to window then allows you to adjust angle. Second click locks in position. I did not realize this either until I found this website!

Thanks, Kerbouchard. I do get the second click. I have even made sure that the points line up to visually verify I'm there.

If your original mount works well or if you have another mount, try to replace the electric part of the mount with the suction part of the one that works.
Similar to the first part of this thread

Thanks, Pedro. However, this is my only mount. The first one was lost in a move & I bought this one to replace it. I figured the FM model was "safe" vs buying a "droopy" old model from someone on ebay.

How's the sound quality, any distortion or interference?

Mine gets better the farther from major metropolitan areas it is. Someone posted a link for finding unused stations by area. Very handy. Some places I get a lot of interference some places it is great. I think I would have prefered the original car connect concept w/bluetooth, but not the price. Kind of wish they kept BOTH options.

I think I would have prefered the original car connect concept w/bluetooth, but not the price. Kind of wish they kept BOTH options.

amen to that.

It's quite normal to get interference in metropolitan areas, but here in CH it's not really a big problem. Do you experience any hissing sound? I have a belkin fm transceiver and the hissing sound which i guess is an interference coming from the engine is awful.

Ask a Question