Flip to Title screen

I've got a new Tom Tom 340s. Its working great except one thing thats a pain in the butt. It switches to its Title screen all the time, it starts telling me what it is and what it can do ect (like a screen saver). I have to tap the screen again to get back to the map. Is there a setting to make it stay on the map when navigating? It changes to that sceen sometime even when I'm keying in a route.... and its not like its a dirty screen causing it to go to another screen, it just that "Title" screen / tutorial.... any ideas?

Use Explorer to look at the contents of the unit and look for a folder named 'scripts'. (no quotes).

Delete any files found in there.

Guided Tour

I played with it a bit more and found that it is a "guided tour" that is running. I will try what youv'e suggested and report back the results. Thanks for taking your time to help.

dhn - I did as you suggested. In the "script" folder there was a sales demo and that's what was running. Deleted the files and the behavior is now normal. Thanks again.

Also, for app 9.x models, if you update to the latest application this problem should go away (even before deleting the scripts folder).

Ask a Question