Horizontal or vertical flipping display

I'm using a TTOne N14644. I don't know what version of the software is on this as it was my wife's parents until we acquired it.

This may sound like an odd question, but is there any way (in an old version, or some hack) to make the display horizontally or vertically flip the screen. I would like to know, because I would like to place the screen in a place that could reflect the image off the windshield in order to create an HUD similar to the digital speedometers of certain car models, including the Toyota Prius (although the Prius doesn't use the windshield as the reflector). I do admit that using the GPS normally gives me the image, but I do not like that it completely blocks a portion (albeit small) of the windshield. My purpose in using a reflector is so that I can have the image of the screen without making a section of the windshield completely opaque.

If there isn't a way, currently, to do this could someone tell me where I might be able to suggest it as a possible new feature.

If you wanted to be creative, you could mount if next to a mirror, so that the mirror flips it and the windshield flips it back.

This may sound like an odd question, but is there any way (in an old version, or some hack) to make the display horizontally or vertically flip the screen. I would like to know, because I would like to place the screen in a place that could reflect the image off the windshield in order to create an HUD similar to the digital speedometers of certain car models...

Brilliant idea! I have also thought of this, for use when night time rural delivery driving as my Tomtom One V3 on it's night colour setting and lowest brightness is light a laser in the eye! reflected off the windscreen would cut down the brightness, and also lengthen the focus depth to reduce the amount of time not looking at the road.

Hopefully someone can help.

Ask a Question