Speed warning & vertical nav bar???

New user, been reading a lot and finally got my rider2 connected to my Scala Q2 and Blackberry 8310.

Took a trip on Thursday and everything worked fine except for two minor problems. In the Routing mode the speed limit warning beeped at me even though it is "off" in the safety menu??????

When going to setup and configuring the nav bar, I no longer have the option for horizontal or vertical???? It's showing horizontal but I wanted to try vertical to see which was easier for my old eyes to read.

As far as I can determine, I'm updated with both firmware and maps. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, this doesnt address your issues (will look at mine later), but does your blackberry function nicely with your TTR2/Q2 set up?

I am looking for a cell with BT.

Cheers!

BB

It seems to work fine. I had to remove all pairings from the gps and q2, pair the q2 to the gps, then pair my BB to the gps.

I haven't used it much but each time I turn the gps on, it recognizes both. I don't use the bb to call out, just to receive.

I went and got a new Blackberry 8230, no problem pairing it with my GPS. Something strange did happen though. I have the Scala Q2 Multiset, and it "bumped" my one Q2 from the GPS and I was unable to re-pair to it at all. It simply would not do it. However, it did pair to the second Q2 no problem. I dont really understand why, but everything else seems to work fine. I made a call from the GPS to home no problem.

I did check my Rider2 for the issues you complained about, and I have no option to move the nav bar to vertical. I do recall that at one time I could. At some point I assume they removed that feature in an application upgrade. No loss really, as it was difficult to read if I remember correctly and used up too much screen.

Not sure why you got the speed warning though.

Cheers!

Is there not a choice for Status Bar preferences for either horizontal or vertical?

If your phone got bumped, the only way to get it back after pairing the gps is to do a soft reset of the gps and start all over again..............I found out the hard way. :)

Like you, I once had the choice of the vertical or horizontal status bar, but no more.

No choice since the last update................also can't get my "over the speed limit warning" shut off in the routing mode.............frustrating as heck!

I don't know whether this will help, but it can't hurt.........

Dowload and run the Clear Flash tool from this link. Run it 3 times and see if your speed warning setting 'takes' or not.

If your phone got bumped, the only way to get it back after pairing the gps is to do a soft reset of the gps and start all over again..............I found out the hard way. :)

Like you, I once had the choice of the vertical or horizontal status bar, but no more.

My phone didnt get bumped, the Q2 I had on my helmet got bumped. My other Q2 works fine.

I tried doing a soft reset to no avail. Both Q2's used to pair to the Rider but now one of them wont do it. Might have to contact Cardo and/or TT support.

I also checked, there is no longer the option listed to place the status bar vertically.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ask a Question