speed warnings

TomTom Model(s)
Via 280 (Australia)GP
Via 280, from what I can see in menu I can only set one speed limit, my Navman warned me of all speed limits, how do I get this on my new Tom Tom?

Via 280, from what I can see in menu I can only set one speed limit, my Navman warned me of all speed limits, how do I get this on my new Tom Tom?
I would assume that single setting has nothing to do with the road speed limits but is set by the user and is used by TomTom to estimate travel and arrival times when the driver chooses to travel below the legal limit, perhaps on account of the vehicle type or the preference of the travelers.

Is there a setting 'warn when driving faster than allowed'?
Indeed.

To the OP - tgold is correct about the purpose of the setting you are using.
Where the speed information exists in the map data, it can be used to warn you here:

Settings / Safety Settings / "Warn when driving faster than allowed"
I think you are talking about "Warn when driving faster than a set speed", which uses whatever speed you supply.

I would assume that single setting has nothing to do with the road speed limits but is set by the user and is used by TomTom to estimate travel and arrival times when the driver chooses to travel below the legal limit, perhaps on account of the vehicle type or the preference of the travelers.
All speed limits are pre loaded into Navman and when this limit is exceeded you get a warning I cant find this in Tom Tom except to set 1 limit not a generic all speed postings

Speeds are also 'pre loaded' in the TomTom map data for many roads. See post 2 above. Not all roads (especially smaller secondary roads) will have speed limit data in the map, but where such data exists in the TomTom map for your area, the device will operate as I have outlined.
Set as directed above, and on a main road where one would expect to see speed data included, observe the results. You should see both the limit and your current speed side by side. If you exceed by enough (it's a percentage), you should see red indication around your speed and an audible warning.

Ask a Question