Five new VIA models soon to arrive

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 930
TomTom has 5 new via models soon arriving for North America. The high-end 5" display 1535 and 4.3" 1435 will offer voice recognition, while I'm much less clear on what separates the other models all with 4.3 in. displays. No pricing available, tho details should post soon.

EDIT: OK, now understood. Only three features differ between the models: Voice recognition, screen size and map set (the base models, as would be expected, don't include Mexico.)

Last edited:
Geez - and they can't even properly support the previous ones they already have in the field. I begin to wonder if their 30 day latest map guarantee is going to wind up being a 365 day latest map guarantee. I have a buddy in Florida who's getting pretty tired of waiting for MyHome to catch up to reality.

Does anyone have an idea when the US and Canadian Via Units will arrive?

They are listed on both US and Canadian TomTom sites as with the new GO 2435 and 2535 models.

Also, listed on Amazon.com without release dates.

Is the rumour of March 10th still possible?:D

Those models were added to the site within the last 24-48 hours. Obviously in preparation for their availability. No specific date.

If you've been following threads here, you'll see there are 'issues' with the 2X models which have yet to be resolved (such as inability to update maps!).

I wouldn't rush out for any 2X or Via model until it is abundantly clear that the model works as advertised.......

I am upgrading my Garmin unit to a TomTom and prefer to get a current gen product (navcore 10) that is either the GO 2xxx or VIA 1xxxx.

Since I will be first time user of TT, I don't want to be limited by processing power and an older UI for the next couple years.

I understand the current reduced feature set of newer units but I feel this will be resolved this year.

The 1400 has 4 gb memory, the 1405 (more maps than 1400) has only 1 gb memory, and the 1435 has 2 gb memory? That is according to the specs on the TomTom website? Um?

I asked one of my Tomtom contacts and they confirmed that the Via 1405 has 4GB of memory. They will correct the typo on the website.

The 1435 and 1535 have 2GB of memory, because they have an SD slot for expansion.

Current Tomtoms:
GO 2535M LIVE app 10.155
Map USA/Canada/Mex v865 + LIVE services

MVL, I noticed that you list 2535 Live as your current model, but how did you manage to get it if it's not available yet? I keep checking on Amazon and Tomtom every single day, but its still listed as Preorder only. Is it one of those early beta debugging models? How's that Live working for you in terms of new Traffic HD? Thanks in advance and sorry if its not on topic, I didn't want to start another thread just to ask you that question

Last edited:
MVL, I noticed that you list 2535 Live as your current model, but how did you manage to get it if it's not available yet? I keep checking on Amazon and Tomtom every single day, but its still listed as Preorder only. Is it one of those early beta debugging models? How's that Live working for you in terms of new Traffic HD? Thanks in advance and sorry if its not on topic, I didn't want to start another thread just to ask you that question

Yesterday Crutchfield.com had them for sale. I ordered one myself and will be coming tomorrow. They must not of had many units or a lot of people bought them because now they are back-ordered.

Last edited:
The HD Traffic on the GO 2535 LIVE is the same as on my GO 740.

There were HUGE improvements in traffic quality on the GO 740 over the past 2-3 months, and I suspect Tomtom has been slowly turning on HD traffic on all LIVE devices.

The current HD traffic is far more accurate than the non-HD Tomtom LIVE traffic of 2010. And so far, nothing else I've tried comes close in overall routing accuracy.

In the month of March, I had only one instance where a real-world traffic jam differed by more than 5 minutes from what the Tomtom reported (and that issue was a small sidestreet that 2010 LIVE traffic never picked up). Over 90% of the time, real-world traffic delays matched the Tomtom within 2 minutes. And that's on even the smallest road.

And, on the short time I've had the GO2535 LIVE, it hasn't crashed or needed the buddies fix, like the latest GO740 software does. The LIVE connectivity is much more stable on this model.

Thanks mvl, you rock as usual :thumb: Like everyone else here I have my doubts about the whole 2xxx series, but at least that awesome traffic makes it worthwhile even if its lacking some other necessities.Any of your TT sources have some info on when Live units gonna be available on Amazon and all?

No news on when anyone else will get the 2535M LIVE. My guess is very soon, since Crutchfield already got their stock. I don't see why Amazon would take significantly longer.

Ask a Question