Firmware 8.302 is now available

mam

TomTom Model(s)
2505, 1535, 920, 140S, Sold 720, 130
The latest version of Home 8.302 is now available. Hopefully it fixes the stuttering p[robelms we have been having.

It is supposed to..........also, the emulator (Operate my Go) apparently only works for the Mac, not the PC (that's a change, eh?). The file for the pc will be available in a few days.

Mind you, if indeed it does stop the stuttering, I suspect the emulator is waaaay down the list of concerns by pc owners. :D

Good news, we shall see. interestingly, I have had no problems operating My Go, so it once again apears that the various problems may be due to various individual configuration and changes made to their respective Go. Who knows.

You are correct, it is the firmware and not Home. Anyone knows how to fix the title of the thread?

Thanks dhn for the title change

Noticed two things for sure so far. One, TomTom still downloads v6 (selecting Dave got me v693). Two, the voices used to distort at volume <90% unless it was plugged in, this seems to be fixed. Not sure if TT just limited the volume to remedy this.

Otherwise, 8.302 does seem to be overall quicker so far.. will have to test it out on the road in regards to stuttering though.

I suspect that tomtom knew all along that 8.320 / Loquendo 7 voices were less resource intensive and a usable workaround, but I bet it was a licensing issue. Just because tomtom is willing to give free app upgrades to older nav models, it doesn't mean Loquendo would do the same.

Ask a Question