Final 810 maps for Beta Participants?

I realize that. The link was just to show you what British users had to go through to get the map they were promised. See posts (page 3) by DennisN.

Last I heard from them was the note saying we would get the map when it was released for our device. Since the version 8 maps have been released for the 720's I have emailed the beta program email address twice and received no reply. I am thinking the next step is to complain to the regular support line. Sounds like it worked for at least one person on the thread 'dhn' posted.

I believe it was also in that thread that someone posted the email address for beta testers (in europe, anyway) was shut down.

No luck yet from the regular support. Here is their response and my reply.
------

This is not an acceptable response. Please escalate this if you cannot resolve it. I expect one of two things, either the promised maps, or a direct contact number of a person on the user trial team who can resolve this.

Response (ST Cassandra H) 09/26/2008 02:06 PM
Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding a map for your Go 720. My name is Cassie and we are always happy to help.

Unfortunately, we are unable to process this reward. This is an offer that is to be claimed directly through the Beta Team. Since you have emailed them but have not heard anything, I would recommend trying the forums to contact them. This should further assist with this.

If you have any further questions or comments, please e-mail or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards

Cassie
TomTom Customer Support

The are fast at saying no. Another response and my reply;
------------

So you are telling me that the beta team has no phones???? How can I get hold of them if you give me no contact information? Since they are not responsive and have no phones my only option is regular support. I do know for a fact the participants of the UK trial did have to call regular support and were able to receive their maps (see ticket below.) Somehow Jim H. at the UK support was able to contact the trial team for another tester and get the promised map for him. I would not be contact the regular lines if the trial team was reachable.

Quote:
Discussion Thread
Response (Jim H. (UK)) 18/09/2008 10.59 AM
Dear Mr N,

Thank you for your enquiry. We have requested that the new v8.10 map be assigned to your account, and will be in further contact once available.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer (MrN) 17/09/2008 09.35 PM
I was involved with Beta testing Western Europe Charleston map and was promised a new map as follows ....
Quote:
Dear Mr N,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is 080705-00xxxx.

After consulting our testing team, your map will be assigned when they are officially available for your device. We are now closing this incident.

As the new maps Western and Central Europe v8.10 have been available for purchase for some weeks now, I think it's about time you provided my free one.

As an alternative, would you consider giving me a two year subscription to the GPRS Traffic service on my other device, a HTC Advantage X7510 using TTN6 and map 675 under a different account?

Response (ST Cassandra H) 09/26/2008 02:41 PM
Dear Ben,

Thank you for updating your incident.

We are unable to escalate this. To receive these maps you will need to contact the Beta Team or wait for their response. There is not a direct contact number for them either. The only department that can resolve this is the Beta Team as they were who you tested through and were rewarded a map.

If you have any further questions or comments, please e-mail or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards

Cassie
TomTom Customer Support

And another reply
_____

Once again, please escalate me to your supervisor. Someone in your company must know who the trial team are.

Response (ST Cassandra H) 09/26/2008 02:55 PM
Dear Ben,

I apologize for your frustration.

We do not have the telephone number for the Beta Team. When you began testing the maps you were sent an email with all of this information. We, unfortunately, do not have access to this information. Again, I would suggest trying to contact them via forums or to wait for their response in regards to this map.

With Best Regards

Cassie
TomTom Customer Support

Still no luck. Looks like I have to call in now. I don't know why they expect a customer to be able to contact a department they don't seem to be able to contact.

------------

Dear Ben,

We are not able to provide that information nor do we have the information to do so. Please contact the Beta Team directly by the email address that you were given in the email.

If you would like to speak to a supervisor about this issue feel free to contact us with reference number: 080926-xxxxxx.

With Best Regards

Cassie
TomTom Customer Support

As an owner of a Rider2, I was contacted by TT IRT being a beta tester. I agreed and was given a 7.15 map (new at the time for Rider) and faxed in their Disclosure agreement.

I have never heard a word back from them since, even after several emails asking whats-what.

Cheers

Ok, I called and got bumped to a supervisor. They gave me a couple email addresses to try. I'll send private mail with them to any beta testers and let everyone know if I get results.

Success!! One of the email addresses support gave me replied to say the new map has been assigned to my account. Legaleye3000, it was the named email address I sent you. If any other beta testers need the email address, send me a private message and I'll give you the email address.

Just noticing this thread for the first time.
I just cannot believe that TomTom does not set up
a private forum or eMail list for their testers.

Good new for all the beta testers. I just received an email sent to the testers saying the maps are here. If you have't got it yet, I would expect the email to arrive soon. I guess all the emails we have sent finally got somewhere.

For those downloading the newer map 8.10, make sure you download the map for your model only! In my excitement to download the latest maps, I mistakenly downlaoded the map for the 920 when I have a 720 model. It does not work and you cannot go back to download again. Jeff over at Tomtom customer service helped me out in getting the right map for my 720. Awesome first rate customer service! Makes me love my tomtom even more. :)

I tried the new Map, besides IQ routes, it also includes Voice recognition and lane change info. NICE!

Last edited:
As a beta tester, I downloaded the map. Wasn't ver 810 going to give us lane guidance ?? GO720 App ver 8.01 Map North_American_2GB ver 810.1907

Try to select Show Lane Images and get Map oe Map Version you are using is not compatible with lane guidance.....

Hrmm...
I have a GO720 with NavCore 8.010 & the North_America 2GB map version 810.1907. The "Show Lane Images" button now works for me with this map. Prior to installing it, I received similar messages to yours, when selecting that option.

Show lane

I have a GO720 with NavCore 8.010 & the North_America 2GB map version 810.1907. The "Show Lane Images" button now works for me with this map. I Haven't had time to play with it so I'm not sure yet on how to use it

Ask a Question