Favourite is dimmed

I just got my GO 950 yesterday.
Everything worked OK until I connected to Home through my PC and updated.
Now, Favourite is dimmed and I cannot figure out how to get it back.
I've tried re-booting by holding the on/off switch for 15 s, but that doesn't fix it.
Also, I tried connecting to the unit by PC and once again Favourite is dimmed.

Can anyone help a newbie?

Oh, I see what's happened.
I lost all my favourites when I upgraded, and now I must type them in again using Add Favourite.

Favorites

If you have a previous version of the Mapsettings.cfg file, you can usually copy that back over to your Tomtom unit and it will restore your previously saved favorites. This will not work if you are going from a version 7map to a version 8 map but it will work within the 8 series.

Hope that helps!

To save all this messing around everytime a new map is released consider using a Custom POI file to store all the locations important to you, Custom POI files offer these additional benefits over Favourites:

1/ Can store hundreds of thousands of locations in a single category, whereas Favourites are restricted to only 48.
2/ Can store individual phone numbers against every stored location, favourites doesn't do this period.
3/ Will survive map updates with no messing about.
4/ Can be transferred to other devices, favourites can't.
5/ Can be translated into other POI Data formats for use on other manufacturers devices such as Garmin far more easily.

If you don't know how to create a Custom POI file etc just ask as its very easy to do - Mike

I'll make it easier by providing a link to a thread Mike created on how to do the conversion. See here

Ask a Question