External Antenna

TomTom Model(s)
I noticed the external antenna "plug" looks a lot like the plug for my Sirius satellite radio...can the antenna from my sirius Starmate ST2 radio be used w/ my TT910? And if so, is it possible to use a "splitter" so that one side goes to my TT and the other to my Sirius radio?

Not sure, I believe it depends on programming.
Also, with the updated firmwires that help the GRSIII chip, the x10 models don't need an external antenna.

I do not think so. Unless the have changed the plug on the typical sat radio antenna is the same gender as the plug on the windshield mount. A splittler, if even possible, would need a configuration that took that into account. I imagine since the antenna is only $25 from TT and less if you search other sites it would not be cost effective. This is not even accounting the loss of gain that would happen when the signal is split. If you really need the external antenna you probably need all the gain it offers.
That being said I did have a friend do me a favor. He took an old sirius unit and removed the antenna connector (and the circuit board it was mounted upon) and attached the antenna coax to it. It worked for what we needed but not an ideal situation. Looked terrible.

I think we are talking about the external antenna for signal aquisition. The traffic module is both an antenna and a receiver if I understand the dynamics of that unit but its antenna is specifically for the traffic signal only. It uses the same plug as the ipod. The external antenna has a plug designated specifically for it.

Ask a Question