ephem folder - strange file names

The files in my ephem folder of my TT one 3rd Edition have unreadable file names . When I try to backup my GPS, the backup routine in TT Home fails on this folder and won't continue. Should these files be there? Is it safe to remove them?

The files in my ephem folder of my TT one 3rd Edition have unreadable file names . When I try to backup my GPS, the backup routine in TT Home fails on this folder and won't continue. Should these files be there? Is it safe to remove them?

I suggest backing up that directory to a safe place on your harddrive.

After you made a backup, delete ALL the files in that folder.

After the filest are deleted, open TomTom HOME and go to ADD MAPS, TRAFFIC, VOICES, ETC. Page over to the ITEMS ON MY COMPUTER. If you have used TomTom HOME in the past to make backups, you should see in the list of items a QUICKGPSFIX DATA option. Choose any one of those to install the older version of QUICKGPSFIX. Once that completes, then you can use the UPDATE MY ONE option to have HOME recognize that you have an older version of QUICKGPSFIX and it should allow you to download the most recent version.

Good suggestion - however I've only had this unit for a while and due to the odd file names in this folder, the Home backup utility has never been successful. I can manually copy the other folders to my hard drive, but not this one.

Ask a Question