ephemerides

TomTom Model(s)
XL 335 S, Via 1535TM
MyTomTom isn't offering to update the ephemerides data every day, the way TomTom Home did. All I'm getting is updates to map share (and a single update to speed cameras). Yes, MyTomTom is providing only a single free update to speed cameras, even though I have lifetime maps and traffic. If I want more updates, I have to pay for them. TomTom home offered, and still offers, free updates to speed cameras, every few days. I'm disappointed about the speed cameras, even though I know I can get free speed camera data from trapster.com.

Sounds like a LIVE subscription issue to me.
It's significant that you are not getting other LIVE Services downloads either, as the QuickGPSFix (ephemeris) data *is* part of the LIVE subscription package.

If you go to Live Services in the menu and scroll to the last page, there will be a button called "My Services" Check the dates for all the different services there. What is it saying for Speed Cameras and for QuickGPSFix?

Did you use a brand new email address as the account name for this device?

I don't have a Live subscription, just lifetime maps and lifetime traffic. I guess you don't get quickfix if you don't have Live. -My XL 335 had quick fix and free speed camera updates, yet it didn't have lifetime map updates and didn't have traffic subscription. Too bad the touch screen started getting irresponsive and delusional after only 2 years (had only a 1 year warrantee).

@Andy
The GO 1535 is a Live unit here, the Via 1535 is not. Rumor has it that Live units are getting ephemeris data over the Live connection, but there's really no easy way to verify when this happens since we have no visibility to either the process or a direct view of the results in the file system.

@nomenclator
As long as you're getting a fix quickly, no worries. I wonder how long it is taking these non-Live production units to get a fix if they haven't been turned on for a week or two, though.

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abstr101

Latest Threads

Back