'Enable Safety Alerts' no longer available?

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
I replaced by XL350TM with a new one. The new one had the old software version, but I now updated it to v9.150, so the 3 page 'options' reappeared (instead of just the 1 pager for the older version). However, for some reason the 'Enable Safety Alerts' icon is now grayed out and I can't use it: can you please tell me how I can get that back?

I just called customer service and they said it is a system-wide fault and they have to disable it for all units. Hopefully, it'll be up and running later on.

As an aside, I've called CS on 3 separate occasions for diff matters, the 1st time was barely passable in the politeness but the last 2 times have been great and friendly in answering my questions.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with the new XXL 550-TM that I picked up at Costco last week. I'm on hold waiting for support right now.

-Jared

!!!

I have the same problem with mine ... i bought a xl 350, 7 days ago in los angeles (im from mexico city)... and the safety alerts are "in grey" ...

So im very happy to see that im not the only one with this issue...

lets see whats happen...

my xxl 550 tm was like that also gray out but when i did updates for a couple of days and when they had a new update for the Safety Alerts now it is Enable now

you have to wait for a new Safety Alert update then you should be ok i have done the new map and i was ok it has never gray out with old map and now new one

So you've been without the Safety Alerts menu for over two years now?

That seems crazy and it surely can't be "system wide" otherwise there would be hundreds of owners complaining.
Have you tried customer services again? (although with their new "limited time support" they may wash their hands of you now).

Have you tried reinstalling the system files from scratch?
See here: Old style Tomtom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home

Silly me, I never bothered to fool around w/ the HOME prg: I downloaded the safety alert prg...hopefully it'll work now.

Silly me, I never bothered to fool around w/ the HOME prg: I downloaded the safety alert prg...hopefully it'll work now.

Yup, I checked HOME and apparently needed to DL that prg (lol). It seems even better now, w/ an icon popping up and showing the distance from the spd cam.

Ask a Question