Safety lock enabled

TomTom Model(s)
1005 live
HI, have had my 1005 for a few months and use it for work and pleasure. However I have noticed that sometimes I cannot put a postcode or address in..this is what happens. I go to 'Navigate to.... the next bit to press is 'Address'...sometimes it is greyed out and can't press on it. I then go to another screen where it says enter postcode...it then tells me 'safety lock enabled' . It eventually clears itself but is frustrating if I am in a hurry!
I have tried clearing the previous route, also restarting but no luck. Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong. It does not always do it, just maybe a few tmes a week. Any advice would be appreciated.:blabla:

Have a look in "Safety settings"...
It might be something to do with the "show essential menu buttons while driving" option? (You'll want it UN-ticked)

Make sure under safety preferences that you have 'show essential menu items' UNchecked.

Thank you, I have unchecked the box, back to work tomorrow so will see if this has helped. Thank you :)

HI, have had my 1005 for a few months and use it for work and pleasure. However I have noticed that sometimes I cannot put a postcode or address in..this is what happens. I go to 'Navigate to.... the next bit to press is 'Address'...sometimes it is greyed out and can't press on it. I then go to another screen where it says enter postcode...it then tells me 'safety lock enabled' . It eventually clears itself but is frustrating if I am in a hurry!
I have tried clearing the previous route, also restarting but no luck. Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong. It does not always do it, just maybe a few tmes a week. Any advice would be appreciated.:blabla:
Hi. We had this problem today for the first time with my partner's satnav. (can't remember the model no.). The address button was greyed out, so I could not set a route. I noticed the notice at bottom left of screen which said 'Safety Lock Enabled' and I tried in vain to find a way to disable it.

I tried turning off and on a few times. No luck. Then I tried holding the on button down for a minute or so. I could still see the message about Safety lock enables sometimes, but the address button reappeared and satnav worked as normal. I have no idea if pressing the on switch for longer did the trick or if (I suspect this was the case) it was simply that the satnav needed more time to charge up before working properly.

Anyway, good luck.
DW

Ask a Question