DST changes

dag

My TomTom One 3rd is not showing the correct time with the new DST dates. I just glanced through the settings and didn't find the setting for timezone or DST. I can force the change by setting the clock, but the DST should be automatic, or is it? Last week the system version was updated to v7.166. I'm wondering if there is an ini file that can be edited, or if anybody knows of a patch to update to the new DST dates.

I also have a 3rd edition. I changed my clock manually under 'change preferences'. I assume that's the way it needs to be done? :confused:

Not sure if the DST is automatic, but if it is expect the change to DTS three weeks earlier than used to be the norm is causing the problem. manually changed mine this morning.

Not sure if the DST is automatic, but if it is expect the change to DTS three weeks earlier than used to be the norm is causing the problem. manually changed mine this morning.

I suspect that when the old DST date comes along, the time will have to be corrected again.

is this not controlled by the satellite itself? I see a sync button, why would they not update it from there end to work with this new change?

dst is updated from satelittes but it uses a software in the unit for which the dst changes were not made, example i have a few gps for geocaching and the example i will take is my ipaq using geoscout software(have many others too) and a bluetooth gps receiver and all my times were updated automatically because the software in those progs did have the corrections made to read the sat signals to update time and date, hope this helps

Ask a Question