Drive the world

I recently bought XL 340 in Australia. The main reason for this choice is that it offers the "Drive the World" program: TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems. The program clearly states the option # 21 Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand & Brunei). At the time I bought, I was about to go to Indonesia, and so having Indonesian map would be great.

After I bought the GPS, I went to Tom Tom's website thinking that I would be able to get the Indonesian map. However, I was disappointed, since the Indonesian map is not available. I did not have a chance to return my GPS and so I have to go without a GPS with an Indonesian map. I contacted Tom Tom's customer service and it is true that the Indonesian map is not available yet and they don't know when it will be available. So, in my opinion, Tom Tom advertisement on "Drive the World" is misleading.

Can anybody advise me what to do? If I can get the Indonesian map soon, that would be great. Otherwise, I think Tom Tom should say sorry for this mistake and fix their "Drive the World" ad.

Yeah, sorry...........you are correct.

I know that US and UK have consumer protection laws that would allow for the return of the unit or some compensation for the user. "Faulty Advertising" and all that.

I am aware the Aussie laws are different in some areas of protection but you must be able to seek redress somehow.........

Ask a Question