Downloading iTunes to 910

I tried to download itunes songs to the 910. The search button said "no mp3 files found".

How do I remedy this situation?

Thanks

Are your Itunes songs in MP3, or are they in AAC? I'm pretty sure the 910 will only see/play mp3s, and unprotected ones at that.

Yes, iTunes can convert aac to mp3. At the very least you can burn those songs to CD then import them back into iTunes as mp3.

Can iTunes convert AAC to MP3?

Thanks
Yes it can. From iTunes HelP;

To convert a song's file format:
Choose iTunes > Preferences, then click the Advanced button at the top of the window and click Importing.

From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.

Select one or more songs in your library, then choose Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3, Convert Selection to AAC, Convert Selection to Apple Lossless, Convert Selection to AIFF, or Convert Selection to WAV. (The menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences.)

To convert all the songs in a folder or on a disk, hold down the Option key and choose Advanced > "Convert Selection to," then choose the folder or disk containing the songs you want to convert. All the songs in the folder or on the disk will be converted except songs you purchased from the iTunes Store. (Purchased songs are encoded using a protected AAC format that prevents them from being converted.)

Yes it can. From iTunes HelP;

To convert a song's file format:
Choose iTunes > Preferences, then click the Advanced button at the top of the window and click Importing.

From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.

Select one or more songs in your library, then choose Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3, Convert Selection to AAC, Convert Selection to Apple Lossless, Convert Selection to AIFF, or Convert Selection to WAV. (The menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences.)

To convert all the songs in a folder or on a disk, hold down the Option key and choose Advanced > "Convert Selection to," then choose the folder or disk containing the songs you want to convert. All the songs in the folder or on the disk will be converted except songs you purchased from the iTunes Store. (Purchased songs are encoded using a protected AAC format that prevents them from being converted.)

Hey, thats great. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks for the help. I realized that I had burned my CD's
via AAC format. I converted them to mp3 but I think the best route is to reburn them to mp3 from the CD for less compression and higher quality.

I wish tomtom could use AAC!

Ask a Question