Download music from iTunes

Hello everyone - I posted this inquiry under a different category with no response, so I'll try here.

All I want to do is download music from my iTunes library into my 910. The online manual says to do it through TT Home, but I can't seem to find a link on the website for that. I tried calling tech support but hung up after 15 minutes of waiting.

If anyone could anyone explain the procedure to me I'd be very appreciative.

If it's music you bought from the iTunes store, you probably can't play it on the TomTom. If it has DRM, you definitely can't.

If your files are MP3 files, just drop them in the MP3 folder on the TomTom or on your SD card. If using a new SD card, just create a root folder called "mp3" and put them in there.

I don't know if it supports AAC, which is what iTunes uses natively.

You would have to convert your AAC files to mp3. I did some googling and found this explanation about how to do this in iTunes:

"Go into iTunes Preferences, and change the importing mode back to the MP3 mode you like

Now select the tracks that you want to change back, and go to the Advanced menu. There is an item called "convert selection to MP3".

This menu item lists whatever the current setting is in the importing prefs."

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone - I posted this inquiry under a different category with no response, so I'll try here.

All I want to do is download music from my iTunes library into my 910. The online manual says to do it through TT Home, but I can't seem to find a link on the website for that. I tried calling tech support but hung up after 15 minutes of waiting.

If anyone could anyone explain the procedure to me I'd be very appreciative.

What i do is (it may not be the best way but it works) burn the songs to CD then have ituns import the songs back in as MP3s. Any media player that can rip CD's will work. I sometimes use Windows Media player. Once you have the songs in MP3 format, just copy them to your MP3 folder like thaJack said:

If your files are MP3 files, just drop them in the MP3 folder on the TomTom or on your SD card. If using a new SD card, just create a root folder called "mp3" and put them in there.

What i do is (it may not be the best way but it works) burn the songs to CD then have ituns import the songs back in as MP3s. Any media player that can rip CD's will work. I sometimes use Windows Media player. Once you have the songs in MP3 format, just copy them to your MP3 folder like thaJack said:

Not the best way, because 1) you waste a CD and 2) the files get re-encoded again, thus losing quality.

AAC and iTunes kinda blows. I use it to sync to my iPod, but they are all MP3 files that I have created.

Not the best way, because 1) you waste a CD ...
Burn an image, then mount it with Daemon tools (the best software that exists for Windoze). Save a CD!!

and 2) the files get re-encoded again, thus losing quality.
You ain't wrong.

I never touch AAC or MP3. FLAC and APE are my friends. Why have lossy, when you can have perfect lossless?

Ask a Question