Does TomTom really not care about customers?

Discussion in 'System Configuration and Customization' started by Admiral Ackbar, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

Hello,

I tried to purchase the map update plane through the piece of crap that is Home. It said I had to update my map (I had 835) to 840 so that would be 9.95 euros and then 38 euros (or something like that) for the subscription. I chose paypal, I should have guessed something was up because only 9.95 showed up as the total for Paypal. I completed the transaction, disconnected my device, reconnected it, updated maps said "835 North America 2GB" so I updated it even though my device already had 835 (but not 2GB). That worked. After that, no more updates.

Opened a question on the TomTom website 8 days ago (February 1) and since then no response, nothing. I updated it on the 5th asking them if they enjoyed stealing peoples money, and today since I have heard nothing from them sent them this update:

"Any answer would be fantastic, even a "we don't care we are keeping your money" or "tough luck" or "we don't care", anything really. But not a peep, I don't think I have ever seen this from a corporation, such a lack of regard for customers. You can be sure I won't be recommending any of your products to my friends, and will never be buying one of your products again. I still would like the map update I paid for..."

I really don't have the time to waste on the telephone, if a company offers online support they should at least answer customers questions or give an update.

Is this the norm for questions asked on their websites?

Really frustrated right now.

Admiral Ackbar, Feb 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Admiral Ackbar

rcacs

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider 2
    I have always had pretty decent service when phoning. Email support often is very generic and mostly uselss.

Take the time to call.

cheers!

ps: putting your device/map and your location in your sig line is always a good idea.

rcacs, Feb 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Admiral Ackbar

doctormstein1

TomTom Model(s):
    2535M Live

I also had good luck with support. The best way to get an answer right away is by telephone 1800-4tomtom If everything is correct I am sure they will add the link to tomtom home.

doctormstein1, Feb 9, 2010
  4. Admiral Ackbar

sengle3

No response from "support"

I, too have had remarkably poor service from the email "support" function. Thirteen days ago I sent a question that could easily have been answered with a "Yes" or "No" but the only response I have had is, basically, "We're too busy to answer." It would be better for them to not offer email support than to ignore a request. After all, Support is the public face of the company and this lack of a response makes me question the rest of the company. Why don't I telephone? Because it is very inconvenient for me to do so.

Certainly this is the last TomTom product I will buy, but somehow I don't believe they care.

sengle3, Mar 19, 2010
  5. Admiral Ackbar

reggavegga

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 300, GO 730 GO 630 GO 900
    i agree phone calls they usually get things done .email is not face to face .phone is actual employee which should care about fixing your problem .the few times i 've called i have been satisfied with the results.

reggavegga, Mar 21, 2010
  6. Admiral Ackbar

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    +1 for the phone call. Granted, it's been quite some time since I bothered with the email approach, but the ones I sent all seemed to disappear into a black hole at TomTom. Conversely, a phone call produced quick results.

I don't know what their malfunction is with email, but the phone works and we've all just grown accustomed to doing business that way. As much as I like the keyboard approach for some things, it's often faster and more efficient to communicate by voice anyway.

canderson, Mar 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question