Does TomTom have traffic service for US?

Whenever I update my TomTom One XLS using the TomTom Home software, it says the traffic service is for Europe only. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Whenever I update my TomTom One XLS using the TomTom Home software, it says the traffic service is for Europe only. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, it does. Depends on the service you want. The TomTom Plus Service includes Traffic, weather and buddies - and works pretty well through a BT phone.

You can also get the hardware traffic receivers (such as what comes standard in the 920T) that I believe also work in the USA.

I appreciate your thought that I can get traffic on my Tomtom, but why isn't it working? I should be able to add it via the Tomtom home software.

I appreciate your thought that I can get traffic on my Tomtom, but why isn't it working? I should be able to add it via the Tomtom home software.

No idea why yours is not working. You were not able to subscribe to Traffic?
Create a ticket for support or call them. I've found them pretty quick and responsive. Once you have a subscription, enter your login details with password in your device and pair up your BT phone and you should be good to go. I use my traffic updates all the time. Works well.

The web site says the Traffic Service for USA is available and to install it using TT Home. My TT Home 2.3 software shows the Traffic Service, but only for Europe - not USA. I guess I have to call.

I called TT service and found out that although the service is called Traffic Europe, it is, in fact, the traffic service for the USA. Go figure. I purchased it and it does work for my area in Ohio. All is well for now!

I called TT service and found out that although the service is called Traffic Europe, it is, in fact, the traffic service for the USA. Go figure. I purchased it and it does work for my area in Ohio. All is well for now!

Please post your experiences thus far! Which TT are you using? And the TT URL you had used to subscribe to the service. Does it still cost $39.95/year?

I just got the TT1 LE with Bluetooth and SD Card slot (via Best Buy only) and have been thinking about using the traffic service. I have a Treo 650 and will be upgrading to the Windows Mobile Treo 800w later this year.

I was having the same problem. So you're saying that if I order the traffic service for Europe it will still give me traffic info for the US? When I log into TomTom home and it tells me that my trial subscription has expired the only optios i'm given are for europe.

I really want to order the subscription!

I was having the same problem. So you're saying that if I order the traffic service for Europe it will still give me traffic info for the US? When I log into TomTom home and it tells me that my trial subscription has expired the only optios i'm given are for europe.

I really want to order the subscription!

Yes, my US TT Plus subscription shows it as the "Europe" subscription in "MyTomTom" account details from the tomtom.com site - but it works perfectly well in the USA. (I live and use the TT Plus service exclusively in the USA)

Ask a Question