Does the One XL connect to sats fast?

Hello. I had a garmin nuvi which was stolen. It took a few minutes to connect to satelites each time and some menu quirks; I did not like it too much. I splurged and bought a Go 930 as the replacement and I loved it. It found the satelites immediately. I ended up returning it though because the $600 I paid was a little too much for me.

The most important features for me is that it connects right away and that it has the "points of interest" thing where i can find the nearest stores, gas stations etc (I'm new in town).

The One XL seems like the perfect price for me. Does this one find the satelites right away? Is there another one you guys recommend in the $200-300 price range?

Thanks.

I've been finding that my one xl-s has been connecting in a matter of a couple of seconds. I've been pretty surprised that it connects so fast, my previous GPS experiences made me expect a longer wait.

My TT One XL used to connect really quick, but after doing the last couple of updates I can now drive a couple of miles before it clicks into gear.....:confused:

Yep, check it again today and went about the same two miles or better than 5 minutes before it figured out where I was, think I'll send TT a e-mail.

Ask a Question