Does my XL340S map update have IQ?

Ok, so I spent the entire afternoon updating the map (first no space, then a four-hour update - incredibly inept technology and inept service - asking me to fax receipts, and such nonsense).

Anyway, the existing map was replaced by a new map, that does not mention it has IQ mapping built in. For the IQ maps, I need to pay an additional 55 Euro, it appears.

I have 840.2568

Am I wrong? Please tell me that I am, and that this map 840.2568 does have IQ routes. Otherwise this thing goes back to the store on Boxing day and I get a Garmin...

Cheers,
Michael

Go into planning preferences-->fastest-->does it show reference to IQ routing at the bottom of the screen and whether to disable or not?

IQ routing is data imbedded in a map. You can choose to use it or not via a setting in the application on the unit.

Realise it is embedded in maps. But when you look at the update page, all the other (55 Euro) maps say they include IQ data. This (free upgrade) map does not say that. I hope that's coincidence! :)

(I.e it is my -quite possibly mistaken! - impression that the "Use IQ" menu setting means "Use IQ data if it is available in the map you are using".)

Specifically. I see TWO maps available:

North America 2GB v8.40
Download 1617.4 MB
Detailed map seamlessly covering the USA and Canada with IQ Routes? data for faster routing - modified to fit devices with 2GB memory.

USA, Canada & Mexico v8.40
Detailed map seamlessly covering the USA, Canada and Mexico - unsimplified version.

So after my update I went to option 2 there. This does NOT mention IQ data, and since the alternative map DOES mention it, yo can understand why I wonder. Right?

Just to confirm.......

When you touch the satellite bars you see a version number of the application. Now, touch the version number and the next screen shows the map and its version number. What map does it say is installed (you already said it was 840).

Now, try this......planning preference-->select fastest. (and you do see reference to IQ routing on that screen? Don't disable it.

Finally, plan a route from point A (say, your house) to point B (say, Toronto city centre). Once it plans the route, it shows you the route on the next screen along with the time, the distance AND it should show that IQ routing is in effect.

If it doesn't, then call support at 866-486-6866. TomTom has been known to offer the wrong map and maybe it happened this time.

But I suspect you DO have IQ routing.

Anyway, do the route I suggested and see.

The USA/Can/Mex map always includes IQroutes. Note the "IQ" in the upper left of the picture.

You can use DHN's suggestions to confirm.

An example of a map without IQ is this one - note the IQ is missing from the picture.

Ask a Question