distraught owner lost his computer hook-up

Hi. I just moved back from Europe, can't find the cradle that links to the computer, and need to download the map for Canada so i can find my way to an obscure address in Montreal, a nightmarish city to drive into. I assume you can't buy one of these at a retail store and I assume ordering will take forever. Advice? I live in Ottawa.

Any mini usb cable will work. The doc just made it convenient to place the unit.

That depends on what model larrylintz has, and he doesn't say!

The dock for a Gox20 has a standard mini USB connector in the bottom, so a normal cable will work fine, but the dock for a Gox40 has a version of the TomTom multipin connector (similar but not exactly the same as the one on the Go1000/2000 models).

larrylintz... What model?
How about the windscreen dock? Do you have a model where the power input to that is a USB connector?
If so, that will also work on the computer.

Hi. I should have specified that i have a tom tom Go 950 i bought in France, i went to future shop and two computer shops and all of them said the standard usb cable mentioned here wouldn't work. I guess I'm stuck hoping the manufacturer can ship me one unless anyone has suggestions.

OK... the Go950 uses TomTom's own design multipin connector to connect to the world, so you normally use a docking shoe or a lead with a USB connector on one end to go to the PC and a multipin on the other to go to hte Tomtom.

But as I mentioned above, the windscreen dock has a standard mini-USB connector on it for the power, and I'm 99% sure that will also work for connecting to the computer.
So all you need is a standard USB to mini-USB lead, and use the windscreen mount as your "dock".

Ask a Question