Distance to next 'exit only' lane

Would you rather see 'distance to next exit' over 'next exit only lane'?

• Agree

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Missing the point

Everyone has gotten side-tracked from the point: I want to know how far it is to MY exit, not the next exit I need to avoid. Is it 50 miles or 500 feet? Turning off the speaker doesn't help. Nothing helps with Tomtom.

This was such an annoyance to me I sold my Tomtom and bought a smart phone. Google nav is great. Problem solved. I'll never buy a Tomtom again.

Everyone has gotten side-tracked from the point: I want to know how far it is to MY exit, not the next exit I need to avoid. Is it 50 miles or 500 feet? Turning off the speaker doesn't help. Nothing helps with Tomtom.
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. Turning off the speaker just shuts off one bad source of noise. Since the display also spends all of its time indicating what you should NOT do, and since the textual description of the route, if you have time to finger your way to it, is cluttered with the same list of "Don't Do This" entries, turning off the speaker isn't the answer. Being able to DISABLE the "Don't Do This" warnings of all types is the only correct answer. Only then do you know where and, more important, when your next CORRECT move is on the road.

I can't believe there is no fix for this. My problem is slightly different from the OP's and makes it impossible to use a GPS on any US Highway. In Michigan, there are many places for U-turns (at least five for each mile of road) as many intersections do not allow left turns.

For every U-turn on a US Highway, TomTom tells me to keep right. This makes the GPS worthless on US Highways in Michigan. It's not necessary to keep right because the far left lane does not exit. In order to make a U-turn, you have to leave the left lane and go into the U-turn lane. I end up having to turn the GPS off because it is completely worthless. It will tell me to keep right constantly but then when I really have to exit, it will give me about three seconds of notice and I have to cross 3-4 lanes of traffic to exit.

This is really making me regret ever buying a TomTom because they aren't even trying to fix it! I called and asked them to look into it but I'm not encouraged.

Attachments

• lane.jpg
    lane.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 266
Tomtom has fixed this somewhat in app 10.501. I've noticed in Boston that many keep left warnings are reduced, vs the exact same map/locations on an app 9.x device.

What specific road are you experiencing the problem on? Perhaps I can confirm if it's been fixed on the newer app.

Ask a Question