Disable Sound/music

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
Hi there First post on this forum. I have a Go 720. On the last but one update, it introduced music or a radio article on start-up. I know how to go into preferences and stop it - how do I disable it permanently? I still want to listen to the voice prompt, but it is intensely irritating to have music blaring at you when you start the machine (told you I was a Grumpy Old Man).

I appreciate that many people like this feature but to me it just gets in the way. I have the usual "stereo" in car and use that sometimes when I want music or news. And when analogue radio is switched off I may well have to change my mind. But right now - please help!

Is it the dum roll you are refering to or something else? - I can only think of the drum sound on start up, this is coded in to the application and cannot ne turned off. If its another sound can you describe it - Mike

I have never come across that sort of behaviour, all I can think of is the device is auto starting to play one of the help tutorials but I didn't think they would auto start - try resetting the device with a paper clip, the reset hole in on the base of the device and you won't lose any data or settings if you do that - Mike

It opens into the start screen on the TomTom, but then either music plays at the same time, or recently a discussion on some show came on.

Use Explorer and look in the scripts folder. If you see any files there, delete them.

Thanks for your suggestions. Its actually some kind of demo package for the music side of things. One of the articles that comes out is a critical review of some film. However, the beast is behaving at the moment, so I'll bear the suggestions in mind. Thanks again.

Ask a Question