Did anyone else get this?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 520
If it's already been posted then sorry
But did anone else get one of these nice little emails from TT?
...kinda exciting!

As a valued subscriber of TomTom News, we'd like to invite you to apply to take part in a product trial. We're continuously striving to improve the navigation experience for our customers, and you can help us with this.

To be eligible to participate in this trial, there are some basic requirements related to your driving and navigation habits. Simply click on the link below and answer a few questions. We will then contact you at a later date to confirm whether you have been selected for the trial.

Selected participants will be provided with a brand new Map of Europe on memory card (SD card) with new features built in. All you'll need to do is use the new map with your TomTom device during the months of January and February and connect to TomTom HOME regularly. During the trial, we'll ask you some questions so we can learn more about your experiences.

Go to the questions now

Kind regards,

The TomTom-Team

P.S. Participation in this trial is limited to 1,000 TomTom users, so respond quickly. This invitation is exclusively for you and can not be forwarded to anybody else.

TOMTOM Survey, Received a free map !!

Look at come into my inbox from TomTom today...

Dear David

As a valued subscriber of TomTom News, we'd like to invite you to apply to take part in a product trial. We're continuously striving to improve the navigation experience for our customers, and you can help us with this.

To be eligible to participate in this trial, there are some basic requirements related to your driving and navigation habits. Simply click on the link below and answer a few questions. We will then contact you at a later date to confirm whether you have been selected for the trial.

Selected participants will be provided with a brand new Map of North America on memory card (SD card) with new features built in. All you'll need to do is use the new map with your TomTom device during the months of January and February and connect to TomTom HOME regularly. During the trial, we'll ask you some questions so we can learn more about your experiences.

Apply now to participate in the trial

Kind regards,

The TomTom-Team

P.S. Participation in this trial is limited to 1,000 TomTom users, so respond quickly. This invitation is exclusively for you and can not be forwarded to anybody else.

After completing the survey and submit it said im gonna be contact in the next 2 weeks if im choosen... so fingercross... eager to see with its all about !

Look at come into my inbox from TomTom today...

After completing the survey and submit it said im gonna be contact in the next 2 weeks if im choosen... so fingercross... eager to see with its all about !

I got one too. I don't have a Tom Tom right now.:)

I took a quick look at that betatest page and noticed they referred to logfiles. Do we have a logging capability on the Go720? I see the subdirectory but it's empty and I have not seen a place to turn on logging.

Getting a copy of the directions for a map I have driven - with any changes I have made to the default directions - or a log that might be translated by other software would be something valuable.

As for the offer that I too received - I do not believe they said the "first" 1000 customers, just that they would choose 1000. It seems they want certain users, like early morning traffic or local towns and such. IMHO

Picked for Tom Tom beta Trial

Just recieved an email today saying I have been picked. Should receive the software on a memory card by the end of the year. Trial is for January and February.

Heres what I received from TomTom:

Dear TomTom Tester,

Thank you for confirming that you accept our invitation to take part in the TomTom trial.

You will receive the new Map of Western Europe / North America and test software on memory card (SD card) before the end of this year. The package containing the new map and test software on SD will be send to your address by courier.

All you'll need to do is use this memory card with your TomTom GO during the months of January and February. During the test period we?ll ask you some questions about your experience with the maps.

Kind regards,

The TomTom Team

++++++++++++

Cool! :D Hopefully alot of the new roads I take that are not on the old map are on the new map!

I received this reply today from Tom Tom.

Dear TomTom Tester,

Thank you for confirming that you accept our invitation to take part in the TomTom trial.

You will receive the new Map of Western Europe / North America and test software on memory card (SD card) before the end of this year. The package containing the new map and test software on SD will be send to your address by courier.

All you'll need to do is use this memory card with your TomTom GO during the months of January and February. During the test period we?ll ask you some questions about your experience with the maps.

Kind regards,

The TomTom Team

i received the invitation and the confirmation of acceptance into the trial as well. i'm actually excited about using it - i need to get out more! :eek: :D

I actually received an email on the 24th with instructions on what I need to do when I get the trial software/map.

I got selected too...

Looking forward to trying the new maps. It should be exciting (or disasterous) with work travel in Jan/Feb taking me to Phoenix, Tampa, Quebec City, and Montreal.

Bruce

Ask a Question