Did anyone else get this?

I also got the instruction email, but the SD card has not arrived. I sent the address listed in the email a note yesterday. Must be a delay in sending them out.

Im curious to know more about these trial version.
When you guys get it, please delight us with your experiences.

Got the selection email, didn't receive card by Jan 2, email'd support and got return email saying cards are late please wait one more week. Will wait until Fri Jan 11 as requested.

As much as I'd love to know about your experiences, I presume the NDA you signed will preclude feedback from you in this forum.

yep - i'm pretty sure i agreed to confidentiality by responding to the invitation to participate, though i can't remember the specifics off the top of my head now, so no details from me... :p

I hope, in the future, I get a chance to be a beta tester... IF there is one thing I am really good at, is finding holes in things - and suggesting useability enhancements. I really annoy people I work with/for sometimes because I shoot holes or suggest improvements to things they do... :)

Did not receive yet.... Sent email to the test email about it. You should too

I received an email that I had been picked for the trial but still haven't received the SD card. Could someone email me the test email address ?? I deleted both emails that had it.

Thanks.

Got my card on Friday. (don't think we are allowed to share details otherwise I would post some for everyones enjoyment).
Without sharing any details, is the beta a collection of fixes or do they add new features as well?

I'm really hoping they realize that it's easy to turn this thing into a more "general purpose" GPS unit by allowing the user to opt OUT of "road based" GPS use. I'm just starting to look into geocaching, and apart from the assistance of the 3rd party OffRoad Navigator program, the whole TomTom product line is pretty useless for this kind of work -- not due to hardware, which is perfect for it (apart from an integrated magnetic compass, but...), but rather, due to a somewhat limited approach to the design of the application that would take very little to resolve.

Without sharing any details, is the beta a collection of fixes or do they add new features as well?

I test software for a living. Each new release I test is a compilation of known bug fixes and (depending on developer resources) new enhancements.

But the absolute most important thing to test is that there are no regression errors; namely, features that worked in a previous release that have, somehow, gotten broken in the new release.

I hope the 'chosen 1000' ;) do their testing most diligently and report issues back to TomTom. The rest of us are counting on them.

I have not noticed any new features yet, but have only been using it a couple days. My impression is it is mainly a new map. I have been marking any map errors I find and reported one problem. I figure this is the best time to get things fixed.

I'm really hoping they realize that it's easy to turn this thing into a more "general purpose" GPS unit by allowing the user to opt OUT of "road based" GPS use. I'm just starting to look into geocaching, and apart from the assistance of the 3rd party OffRoad Navigator program, the whole TomTom product line is pretty useless for this kind of work -- not due to hardware, which is perfect for it (apart from an integrated magnetic compass, but...), but rather, due to a somewhat limited approach to the design of the application that would take very little to resolve.

but you can select to plan a route to be followed on foot instead of by car - does this not work well enough?

but you can select to plan a route to be followed on foot instead of by car - does this not work well enough?
The 720 in its current firmware revision does not provide for a "pedestrian" mode. It makes every possible effort to "snap to road".

Ask a Question