Deleted POI's

TomTom Model(s)
LE
Adding a new POI

I have an LE. Why can I only add a POI in a downloaded category, or a category I add, ex Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins. I can not add a local restaurant to the restaurant category. Any help???

Last edited:
I don't think you can add POIs to already-established categories (ie, restaurants), but you can create your own category (ie, the name of this restaurant). Or you can add it to your Favorites.

You can add POIs to map provider categories but you do it through Map Corrections.

User created categories and categories you download like Baskin & Robbins reside only on your GPS. No one knows about any changes you make. If you make changes to the map provider categories like Restaurants and Gas Stations, you can share them with everyone and even better, you can get constant updates to these POIs from other users. To do these you need to "subscribe" to the POIS you would like to have updates for through TomTom Home and also change some settings on the TomTom itself.

This is how you make changes to map provider POIs. Forgive me if your menus aren't exactly the same as mine. Map provider POIs are edited through Map Corrections on menu page 2 of 3. If you only have 2 menu pages and only 3 preference pages, you need to click Show ALL Menu Options on prefences page 3 of 3. Although the menus look different, you can edit POIs basically the same way as your private categories, through an address, by setting a point on the map, etc. Then you can choose if you want to share your update with others.

Ask a Question