Decreased reception after upgrade to 6.560?

gww

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
New here, bought a ONE new edition last week. Reluctantly, I upgraded to 6.560 app and it seems the number of satellites received is now less than before the upgrade. Also, the number of reception bars change continuously as I move the unit. I think before I almost always had 5 bars regardless of the position of the unit. I live in the middle of 90 acres so nothing is obscuring line of sight. Based only on my fixed position, the TT doesn't have as sharp of reception now. I also think the time to fix on satellites actually takes longer now.
Should I have reset the unit after the upgrade? Or is this just an artifact of the upgrade that doesn't really affect overall performance? Thanks.

Hi gww,

Have you downloaded the QuickFix for your ONE? HOME should grab it automatically. Try that if you haven't already downloaded it, it does help tremendously with the amount of time needed to get a fix. But with the poor reception, I'm not sure about that. I haven't noticed anything odd on my ONE. A reset certainly couldn't hurt. Got a paper clip handy? Keep us posted!

Today when I connected to Home, for the first time since I've had the unit, it downloaded QuickFix. Strange. This did not fix the reception problem--until I reset with the paper clip.
I now have a much faster TT and it's back to 5 bars. Thanks for the info and when in doubt--reset!

Glad it's back to normal. The QuickFix really does make a difference, and you're right... when in doubt RESET. :)

I guess the latest, as per the update I did on my GO 910 is:

QuickGPSfix data:
'Ephemeris', ID Ephemeris IL #1 64 KB Version 1173628525

The old one was 1173285441

I do wish TT would place all this info on one location .

I need to check if TT is an ISO certified company, my initial feeling is that it is not.

-= BOOMBOOM =-

Last edited:

Ask a Question