Go 2535 tm - address and Traffic reception problems

TomTom Model(s)
XXL530S, GO 2535TM
Took my GO 2535 out for its' maiden voyage this afternoon. First off, it can't find an address that my year old XXL530S has no problem finding. ?? Secondly, the traffic function seems to be just spinning (literally, the icon sits there and spins) as though it's trying to download something...?? My understanding was to plug in the unit to the car and the traffic function would be on automatically .. am I missing something?

Thanks.

... ed ...

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What's the address? (change it just a bit if you don't want to state it publicly)

2. The spinning wheel means it is trying to download the info from the server. It could be failing because you are in a poor mobile-phone signal area, or because the TT severs are down again.
You can tell which one it is by trying another Live Service such as Weather. If you can't receive a Weather Report it's probably a phone signal issue.
If you CAN then it means there is a problem on the Traffic server.

I had a lot of problems getting HD Traffic today in the UK.

@raveneap
The spinning circle is indicative of the fact that the Live services server has been toast all day. Doesn't happen very often, but I've been without all day, too.

Ask a Question