Traffic activation on TT 2535?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Traffic plus lifetime maps updates were advertised on my new TT2535. When I clicked the traffic icon, the message said I needed the RDS-TMC traffic cord/charger. The unit came with a standard usb charger to unit cord, plus the cigarette charger. I called TT to see if I was missing anything. I have already setup a mytomtom account, registered this new unit, and have downloaded a map. The rep said I didn't need a separate traffic cable, but needed to tell her the activation code to receive traffic. There was no activation code anywhere in the box. I called the retailer about this activation code and they were as confused as I was. Do I need a special RDS-TMC traffic cord to receive traffic? I am prepared to return this unit to the retailer tomorrow.

You NEED the rds-tmc antenna/car charger cable unless you have a LIVE unit. Does it say LIVE on the device? I wouldn't think so since that model (LIVE) is not sold in Canada. You need to call them back at 866-486-6866 and say they have to ship you the proper cable that I provided a link to in your other thread.

Don't know why he needs Traffic anyway in the boonies.

Friday afternoon/Saturday morning they drive north to the cottages, Sunday afternoon/Monday morning they drive south again to get to the navel of the earth!
;->)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question